ADVERTISEMENT

Five takeaway's from Josh Level Classic...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
1. A pair of Fayetteville, N.C., natives shined Saturday night at the Josh Level Classic. Raleigh Word of God reclassed junior Freddie Dilione, who NC State offered in late March won MVP with 27 points and three three-pointers. However, junior guard Treymane Parker of Huntersville (N.C.) Vertical Academy stole the show with 28 points and six three-pointers, plus a dunk contest victory. Parker currently has no high major offers and I would have to think schools are wondering about his academic transcripts. This type of event is definitely his scene and he took advantage of it. He's a freak athlete who is also a ruthless one-on-one player. When his outside shot is falling, it's a sight to behold.

Dillione's team and to the victor goes the MVP spoils. He played efficient and smooth. He didn't really have one play that was a signature moment, but had a big fourth quarter to help his team win. He has been injured a little bit this spring, but looked healthy tonight. We'll have an update on his recruitment coming up.

2. The two players who played really well and shot much better than anticipated were junior point guard Jaylen Curry of Charlotte Chambers, who is rumored to be attending a new high school in player, and Raleigh native James Demary Jr., who attended Charlotte (N.C.) Liberty Heights and now will attend Lincolnton (N.C.) Combine Academy.

Curry made a par of three-pointers and Demary had three three-pointers with both guards netting 20 points apiece. It's simple with them, if they can knock down shots, they'll be high major players and get a nice ranking. Both have a solid list of schools, with Curry maybe having more glitzy offers. NC State has evaluated both and I'd say pretty extensively. Demary fits the prototype of what NC State could land in November. He didn't grow up a Wolfpack fan, but being 25 minutes from home and playing in the ACC could be appealing.

3. Lexington (S.C.) High sophomore wing Cam Scott was likely the top player among the 2024 prospects in attendance. He had 23 points and five three-pointers, and he has a beautiful stroke. It sounds like he scores on all three levels with his prep team, but with Team United 16s and at the Josh Level Classic he is the proverbial threes/dunks/layups guy.

Tennessee has offered Scott, South Carolina's new staff just has to make him a major priority and UNC is in the mix. He could be a future McDonald's All-American, with it really coming down to just being assertive.

4. Sophomore wing Isaiah Evans continues to look good out of Huntersville North Mecklenburg. He's got terrific length and scoring instincts. He'll probably have to improve the mechanics on his jumper. Physically, he looks so much like Brandon Ingram at that age, but Evans seems to hunt down his offense more than I remember Kinston doing so at Kinston (N.C.) High.

NC State hasn't offered Evans, but at some point, I could easily see him being offered and being a major target for whoever is NC State's coach is, the spring going into his senior year. He did grow up a UNC fan, but there are so many wings in the 2024 class to choose from.

5. The Rising Stars all-star game before the dunk contest, which featured prospects in the class of 2025 and 2026 proved to be a big hit. A few I had seen before and a few I hadn't seen since last August at the CP3 Rising Stars Camp.

Reclassed eighth grader Latrell Almond was a late entry to the game this week. He played varsity for the O'Neal School in Southern Pines, N.C., and he has all the tools of being a top 50 player nationally one day. He's about 6-7 already and I've now seen him with his prep team, traveling team with Team Loaded 2026 and now the all-star game.

Eighth-grader Kendre' Harrison is a name to tuck away, who plans to attend Reidsville (N.C.) High. Breon Pass is an alum there and was at the Josh Level Classic with his good friend, Bobby Pettiford of Kansas. Harrison is about 6-6 but plays taller at power forward. He has good bounce and intensity.

Eighth-grader Jai Richburg is a nice looking wing, who I know very little about. I need to do learn a little bit more on him, but I gather he played at Winston-Salem Christian.

Class of 2025 point guard Trevor Best had 23 points and won MVP honors. He went to Word of God this past year and is from Wilson, N.C. I think it's inevitable that he'll be a high major prospect. He just switched from Team Loaded NC 15s to Boo Williams 15s. Freshman wings Zacch Wiggins and Jackson Keith are not unknowns. Wiggins played for Greensboro Grimsley and is the brother of NBA wing Aaron Wiggins, a former NC State target that picked Maryland. Keith attends Southern Durham, and his dad played in the NFL and is a Raleigh Millbrook alum. Wiggins has some sneaky big-time bounce to his game and Keith is just smooth and efficient and seems a good bet to get 15-20 points regardless of setting. He has offers from Texas A&M and Illinois among others.

We'll have several recruiting updates coming up, with NC State reaching out to one prospect that I kind of predicted would happen before the April evaluation period.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News