ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting From talking to the official visitors...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
A few nuggets…

Cornerback Cam Strong has come out with a June 21 decision date, with NC State, West Virginia and Georgia Tech in the mix. He visits the Yellow Jackets next weekend.

Nose tackle London Simmons had been linked to officially visiting FSU, where his mom was in the band, this month, but he wants to take that trip in the fall. So, that could be code for this will be a lengthier recruitment. Simmons did have a good first trip to NC State, and has Alabama next week, and then Arkansas.

Cornerback Caden Gordon had a good first trip to NC State, but he’s really married to the process and wants to see four schools this month. NC State probably helped themselves the most with Gordon out of the recruits I talked to.

Defensive end Caleb Bell returned to NC State for a third time, all with his dad, former NFL linebacker Kentrell Bell. The trip was more casual for him due to his past trips was the vibe I got. He has Arkansas and Mississippi State coming up for trips and wants to be done by mid-July.

Defensive Mykah Newton also made his first trip to NC State and I think the Wolfpack are in good shape with him, but he didn’t give off any hints. He already has been to Michigan State and has Central Florida next week, and has cancelled his UConn trip June 21-23.

Makhi Williams-Lee was another first-time visitor and the Wolfpack did a good job with him too. He has Oklahoma and Texas Tech coming up for official visits.

The Wolfpack hit a home run with wide receiver Jamar Browder, and he told him he wants to be an outside receiver rather than a flex tight end type (aka Javonte Vereen). Getting Browder first will help with his prep teammate Gordon. They aren’t a package deal but very close.

I haven’t talked with tight end Mike Tyler yet, and should get up with commits Tristan Teasdell and Colby Cronk at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News