ADVERTISEMENT

OT/Wink Hoover Eden NC

daddy wolf

Platinum Wolf
Oct 28, 2005
Eden, NC
Wink Hoover 85 of Eden passed away this past Thursday at Annie Penn Hospital. The reason I am posting this is he is a Icon in Rockingham County. He was an alumni of Elon and retired from Vocational Rehab where he was supervisor over several Counties. I had breakfast with him every everyday and he will truly be missed by everyone that knew him. He was joking and laughing up until his last breath. I wish I could tell everything he did his last day on this Earth but that would take several pages. I know there are several former Eden posters on here that would like to know about this. For the posters that didn't know him he was a true sports enthusiast regardless of team or sport he was a big softball player/coach TWUA and later Doyle painting. Between the 2 teams he won 13 State Championships and a Class A World Championship and he was selected to the US and North Carolina American Softball Association Hall or Fame. Wink also 35 served years as a Sgt Major of the 113th field Artillery Battalion NC National Guard. Him and his wife have taken several kids over the years and raised them like their on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News