ADVERTISEMENT

Wolfpack undervalued in ESPN Football Power Index?

LVPack

All-Region
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2018
They have us at #28 to start the season, which seems to be way too low. David Hale concurs, and here is his assessment:

Kids are taught that, when you touch the stove and burn your hand, you won't touch the stove again. Well, here I am, touching the stove and saying NC State is finally going to have its breakthrough season. I know, I know. We've been here before. The formula goes: If the Wolfpack have high expectations, they disappoint. If they're flying under the radar, they're surprisingly good. Who cares? This is a new era of college football and, after the men's and women's basketball teams made a Final Four and an NC State alumnus won her second Cooper's Hill cheese-rolling competition, it's time for Dave Doeren's crew to step up. With the additions of transfers quarterback Grayson McCall, tight end Justin Joly, running back Jordan Waters, receiver Noah Rogers and offensive lineman Zeke Correll, the offense is as loaded with talent as it has ever been in Doeren's 11-year tenure. Tony Gibson's defenses are always excellent, and the schedule sets up nicely for the Pack. So why does the FPI have them at No. 28, behind five other ACC teams? Because the FPI knows not to touch the stove again.

Reactions: MsPacFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News