ADVERTISEMENT

#6 NC State Wolfpack wrestling hosts #12 Princeton Saturday afternoon…

Ryan_Tice

Habitual Line Stepper
May 26, 2009
Durham, NC
www.thewolfpacker.com
NC State wrestling finally returns to Reynolds Coliseum, where they haven't competed since the season-opening dual Nov. 15 (a 22-11 win over Old Dominion).

The team has been busy since then, including a second-place team finish at the Southern Scuffle Jan. 1-2, but all of the action has been away from home, where they are a dominant dual squad.

Princeton is a really solid team with three absolute studs (and a few other quality guys, even if they don't have a number next to their name below), and I think they are a touch matchup for just about any team in the country. They wrestle Carolina tonight so I'm really interested in seeing how that goes.

I'll provide some more thoughts tonight, but the match is at 1 p.m. and televised on ACC Network Extra (tune in!).

Here are the probables — the good news is Jarrett Trombley is back in the lineup after missing the Scuffle due to injury, and Tariq Wilson and Nick Reenan are both listed after they injury defaulted out of the tournament (though that was the plan for Reenan all along).

149 AJ Leitten looks like he'll be out, but I think the Pack has three 149-pounders that are all pretty similar (though I thought Leitten looked good early at Scuffle before getting hurt). Princeton has a quality grappler at that weight in a guy that was a two-time NCAA qualifier up a weight class and his only two losses this year have been to top-10 foes (including one to No. 4 that went to tiebreakers).

#12 Princeton Tigers (2-2) at #6 NC State Wrestling (7-0)
125: #3 So. Patrick Glory (13-0) v. R-Fr. Jakob Camacho (12-5)
133: Jr. Ty Agaisse (3-3) v. R-Fr. Jarrett Trombley (12-5)
141: So. Marshall Keller (11-6) v. #15 R-Jr. Tariq Wilson (18-4)
149: #15 Sr. Mike D'Angelo (5-3) v. R-Fr. Matt Grippi (13-5)
157: #5 So. Quincy Monday (15-2) v. #2 R-Jr. Hayden Hidlay (18-1)
165: So. Grant Cuomo (9-2) v. #10 R-Jr. Thomas Bullard (18-4)
174: Sr. Kevin Parker (8-4) –OR- Fr. Nate Dugan (7-5) v. #17 R-Jr. Daniel Bullard (17-4)
184: So. Travis Stefanik (4-4) v. #3 R-Jr. Trent Hidlay (15-2)
197: #3 Jr. Patrick Brucki (10-2) v. #8 R-Jr. Nick Reenan (4-1)
285: Fr. Aidan Conner (5-9) v. So.
Deonte Wilson (12-6)

Obviously, ranked vs. ranked matchups at 157 (pair of top 5 guys) and 197 (both in top 10) lead the way, but 165 has the potential to be a great bout (Cuomo was a top-100 recruit) as does 184 (Stefanik is a former blue-chip recruit and qualified for NCAAs last year, and he is very familiar with Hidlay with both being from PA).

My very unofficial prediction that I haven't thought about too much has the Pack winning by 9 with a lot of really competitive matches. Both Bullards winning will be key.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News