ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling A few NC State wrestling notes (UPDATE: 2020-21 schedule is out)

Ryan_Tice

Habitual Line Stepper
May 26, 2009
Durham, NC
www.thewolfpacker.com
• It was just announced that the Wolfpack will host the 2021 ACC Championships Feb. 28 (which means the regular season will be, at most, about two months, since no college wrestling will start until Jan.).

• Redshirt freshman Hunter Lewis will be in action tonight on Wisconsin RTC's wrestling card on Rokfin.

Lewis is a Wisconsin native, which I believe helped lead to his selection for this event. He was recovering from a knee surgery last year, so I haven't heard a whole lot about him. In the tweet below he mentions it's been almost a year and a half since he last competed.

He's a very seasoned freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestler (those are considered the international styles, which are wrestled at World Championships and Olympics, while NCAA wrestling is called folkstyle and only done in America). IIRC, Lewis won the World Team Trials on the cadet level for Greco and competed at the World Championships a few years back.

Lewis is the fourth match of the card (which starts at 6 p.m.) and will take on Joe Zargo, who was a big-time recruit from N.J. coming out of high school. He wrestled for powerhouse Bergen Catholic, was a FloNationals champion and a top-five finisher at Fargo. I don't see him listed on Wisconsin's official roster, but I think they sometimes use greyshirts and things, so I assume that's the case here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News