ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Doeren Camp Insider II...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
Today was a lighter day at camp, but I had fun hunting down some angles that hopefully will be entertaining to read. For instance, I'll be honest, after knowing the Stevenson family for about 18 months now, I didn't know Jarin had a 6-3, 290-pound defensive lineman for a brother. I do know his younger sister is a budding volleyball star, unless basketball eventually wins her over.

Aaron Brand Jr. already had a scholarship offer from South Carolina, and he helped Irmo (S.C.) High win the state title in hoops. His dad, who was the coach at Charlotte Vance High (now Chambers), was also the offensive coordinator at Mallard Creek. He and former NCSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada met up and created the Jaylen Samuels H-back role with the Wolfpack, that allowed him to do what he did best.

The Tate brothers are a fun group and a fast one. Barry Tate is the oldest and will be a freshman at Campbell next year, and had video game numbers at Northeast Guilford High his junior year. Now, he has two more brothers coming up, and Jadyn is a speedster, but small, and Aaryn had Kentucky and Western Michigan offer him his freshman year.

Raleigh Word of God has a 6-7, 339-pound rising senior tackle in Gary Williams.

One of NC State freshman cornerback Brandon Cisse's prep teammates at Sumter (S.C.) Lakewood High, linebacker Seneca Moore, made a return trip. He check in at 6-1 3/8, 206 pounds and ran a 4.68 40-yard dash.

NC State freshman tight end Javonte Vereen had former teammate Donovan Darden in camp in the class of 2025. The linebacker checked in at 6-3 3/4, 202 pounds and ran a 4.75 40-yard dash.

Burlington Williams junior quarterback Dan Mahan ran 4.62 in the 40-yard dash, and he might get looks as an "athlete." I think Miami (Ohio) just offered him.

Junior running back Tre Leonard of West Florence High in Florence, S.C., has offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Ohio, Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina. He checked in at 5-10 and 177 pounds and ran a 4.6 40-yard dash. He attended Darlington (S.C.) Trinity Collegiate High last year.

Way down the road, I was told that rising sophomore offensive lineman Daylyn Goodwin could have next at Rockingham (N.C.) Richmond Senior High. He checked in at 6-2 1/8 and 277 pounds and ran a 5.44 40-yard dash, but the Richmond Senior coaches like his upside. They also have a young outside linebacker.

Doeren Camp Insider II

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News