ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent Thayer Thomas article

Bell Tower

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001

I'm not sure if you need a subscription to the N&O but good read if you get the chance. It’s a long article. Here’s how it ends:

“Thomas doesn’t believe football will end for him after this season. He expects to be playing on the next level, a receiver in the NFL. “I think I’m an elite player who can play there,” he said. “I see myself as that. I can see a lot of different players in the league right now who are having success and I could be just like that. I think I have the same ability.” That might sound like a heavy dose of bravado for a player who is 6-feet tall and 195 pounds, but he spent much of his athletic life being the little guy who could. As a freshman in high school, he was 5-6 and 105 pounds, a JV player for his first two years. Look at him now. “You’ve got to dream big, believe in yourself,” Thomas said on one of his Cameo pep-talk messages. “If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you.” Thomas said he has “worked his way up from the bottom” at N.C. State and is prepared to do the same in the NFL. Just get to a training camp and prove himself. Work and strain. Make yourself valuable. “I can play slot, I can play outside, I can return punts, I can play special teams,” he said. And pass. Thomas does have four career TD passes for the Pack. “Just give me the chance,” he said.”

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article266749261.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: ACR74 and rlgray
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News