ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk Boo

One putt

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
Been a lot of discussions lately on our AD Boo. let’s take a deeper look. I’ll give you a heads up that I am very pro Boo. Even more pro Boo than I am with our coaches.

one of his biggest achievements was erasing over a 25.5 million deficit due to COVID. Between some difficult temporary cost cutting among the organization and some very aggressive new fundraising he erased a 25.5 deficit due to COVID difficulties . To give you an idea how much that s the PC donations this year was 14.8 million somhe almost doubled that and during a pandemic. He and his team working with the WPC have created several more new fundraising campaigns and better marketing of existing programs.. Starting with the IMPACT program where for a 4 year period you sponsor an athlete and pay their scholarship for 4 years. It’s 12,500/year. Plus it creates more engagement between fans and the athletes without crossing the line of illegal benefits, if there is such a thing any more. To expand on that to help with NIL once you make a very small contribution you get a call or at least a text from a player saying thank you. Again, more engagement between fans and players. Last night I learned at the Red Wolves Society kickoff they have raised the qualifying donors from 202 to 215. This means 13 more people giving 50k or more through a variety of channels. More on the Red Wolves later.

On a different front, Boo has totally changed the culture when it was needed. This is not to say the past was bad. Yow did a great job in many areas. After Fowler things had become complacent and stale. We needed someone to come in with passion and energy and shake things up. Show that the status quo wasn’t acceptable. In came Yow who was exactly what we needed at the time. When this happens in business you bring in a “Billy Martin“ type manager. Someone who shakes things up. kinda like a Al “Chainsaw” Dunlap at Sunbeam or Neutron Jack Welsh at GE. I worked that GE culture. It’s very competitive and driving where the weak 10% get cut each year. Over time it also creates an environment of limited teamwork and trust. over time that culture sometimes can become unproductive. Seldom can a “Billy Martin“type become that team builder and be trusted in that role by staff. Then you make a change and bring in a positive team builder person who focuses on growth. That’s what we have now. Look at how he just handled the men’s soccer change. Low key, let the guy resign and move on. Didn’t make a big public scene and all handled cordially and still get your objective

Boo is raising more money and creating programs to get more donors and get the existing ones more engaged. I was shocked to see we only have 215 that give 50k or more. Good news is a saw a lot of young blood last night. It’s hard to ride a Wendell Murphy and Jim King and others forever. At least the number is growing. He comes from a great pedigree of sport’s administration. He is respected enough in the industry to lead the FBS rankings and bowl committee. He has great industry credibility. Speaking with a couple of people that worked for Fowler, Yow, and Boo they also said he is exactly the person we need right now to grow the program. I know a lot here get negative on Boo but I promise you he is doing a ton of good for the program.

Just my thoughts. That’s what I see. I know others feel differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News