ADVERTISEMENT

Lets talk keys to victory tonight...

JPack71

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2011
Thought we could talk a little about keys to the Pack being able to pull the upset tonight. First of all, I think we match up really well with this UNC team. Their strenghth is their inside game and offensive rebounding where they get back almost 40% of their misses (ranking 4th nationally). Yes we struggle a bit at times giving up offensive rebounds (currently ranking only 123rd in defensive rebounding percentage), but at times we have been good. If we can do a decent job of keeping them off of the glass it will go a long way towards helping us pull the upset. Keep in mind we can hurt them in that same category because as good as they are at offensive rebounding they rank below us in defensive rebounding percentage ((ranking 163rd). Another key factor to me is keeping Paige from doing what he seemingly always has done against us, go nuts. Duke gave us the tape on how to defend Paige and they basically had Q Cook glued to him and refusing to help off of Paige no matter what. He was only able to get off 11 attempts (making only 2) in a game that went into OT. It was obvious that Duke wasn't going to let Paige beat them and they weren't going to help off of him no matter the cost. We need to employ that same strategy tonight. Rotate guys on him with their only assignment defensively being, do not leave Marcus Paige no matter what. If we can do those two things well (keep them off of the glass and limit Paige's shots), I think we will be in the game barring some type of miserable shooting performance. Big game and it's almost time to jump it up. Let's go Pack!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News