ADVERTISEMENT

Lost a Great Wolfpacker

Rockville_Wolf

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Last night, Brett Johnson, known here as Trent Jone or TJ, lost his battle against liver cancer and left us to join another world and another journey. His wife Jeannette was at his bedside along with his sister. Brett has two daughters, both grown and out of college and the oldest recently married.

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks. This was all very sudden.

Brett was an avid poster here since the inception of what we all knew as the original Wolfpacker. As a graduate of NC State and living in the Raleigh area for years, he loved NC State. He had so many stories since his dad was a professor at NC State and one of his good friends was the athletic photographer, yes, NC State had one of those back in the day. So he has all kinds of memorabilia and enough he even shared with me.

Through this message board, Brett has been one of the posters that I have actually met. Once we met, we hit it off like long-lost brothers. For at least the past 15 years, we shared a weekly conversation and talked mostly about NC State and once we became really good friends that extended to talks about family and solving the world's problems. As most of you know, Brett was one of those that dove into anything head first and headstrong. Yes, he had his opinions, and as some of you are aware they may not always agree with you.

To those of you like @AgWolf he really enjoyed all your posts during what we all know as the biggest scandal in NCAA history. He was always impressed with the in-depth knowledge you had and presented. He still talked about that stuff. I know when the "Free Expression Tunnel" was created, some of you did not share the same thoughts as Brett. At the end of the day, he just wanted to have a conversation. To try and understand why people thought and in some cases believed in some of the things that they did. One thing for sure, he loved life, he loved his family, he loved his friends and he loved NC State. I am a better person for knowing and sharing with him. As I go through the rest of my life, when I watch an NC State game, he will be in my thoughts. If by chance the Pack wins some kind of title in the next few years, I will guarantee Brett has caught up with Jimmy V and others and told the big guy to make it happen.

Cancer. What can you say? It kills. I just wish we all could come together and agree to solve something like cancer. Along with other issues plaguing humanity. If you do not already, please give anything you can to the Jimmy V Foundation. Not a request by him or his family but me. I believe in what the V Foundation does and can do. My last words to him were to keep fighting, never give up, and that I love you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News