ADVERTISEMENT

"Opinion" about basketball team

CBHONEY

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2004
My only experience with basketball was playing in High School and about a 8 game stint as a coach of a high school JV team (undefeated by the way). That was while I was student teaching and had to leave before the season was over.
I do not have a problem with the Wooden offense. I do think that certain kinds of players are necessary to be really effective running that offense (I would remind you that we advanced to two Sweet Sixteens using that offense presumably with less talent than some teams we defeated).
I think our current players would be more effective if we were using a spread offense. I think the Martin brothers would flourish is such an offense since they are high energy and are capable of "taking it to the hole". Rowan could possible benefit more with drive and dish kind of plays. Our bigs might get more uncontested inside shots.
When teams play zone against us, I would play Martin, Martin, Rowan, Abu and Cat. Cody would be the player receiving the ball at high post since he can make that shot and should be good at passing too to the bigs should he be covered. He could also assist Rowan and Caleb for three pointers.
With that being said, "what do I know?". Considering the possibility that our three players (sitting on the bench) and the possibility of additional players this Spring, staying with our present offense may be better looking at next year.

Reactions: dentalwolf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News