ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wolfpack Wrestling Club in action at FloWrestling's RTC Cup Fri/Sat (LIVE UPDATES)

Ryan_Tice

Habitual Line Stepper
May 26, 2009
Durham, NC
www.thewolfpacker.com
I posted in another thread about this, but figured this was worth its own thread now that some details have emerged.

First, this is an event put on by FloWrestling for college's Regional Training Centers (RTC), which is how guys that are out of college eligibility but want to continue wrestling compete. There's a lot of money on the line that I assume will go to the RTCs, with each club earning an appearance fee and the winning club getting $50,000 … there is $200k on the line total:

Teams were allowed to have up to two non-RTC members join their lineups for this event (Dec. 4-5) to presumably fill holes, but looks like NC State is going with all resident athletes. Here's the lineup (and other teams') per Flo:

57 kg: Jakob Camacho
65 kg: Kevin Jack, Tariq Wilson
74 kg: Tommy Gantt, Hayden Hidlay
86 kg: Trent Hidlay, Nick Reenan
97 kg: Michael Macchiavello, Timmy McCall
125 kg: Nick Gwiazdowski

I was a little surprised to not see Jarrett Trombley on the list, but in this six weight class format, especially if there's a weight allowance, he's a bit of a tweener. I was also curious to see if newly hired RTC coach Ed Ruth, a former three-time NCAA Champ, would be competing, but it appears he is not. Still, I think it's a solid lineup.

That said, there are some absolutely loaded lineups in this event … and I can't wait to see it play out. I think 74 or 86 are the most loaded weight classes, but there are really, really good guys up and down the lineups.

Reactions: Pack Mack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News