ADVERTISEMENT

ACC officiating director retiring...

Matt Carter

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
Release from the ACC:

ACC Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials John Clougherty has announced he will retire at the conclusion of the 2015-16 men’s basketball season following over 40 years of service to collegiate basketball.

"John Clougherty continues to serve the Atlantic Coast Conference and the sport of college basketball with great integrity and passion,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “As we look ahead to the upcoming season, we appreciate John’s continued dedication and leadership of our men’s basketball officiating program.”
“First and foremost, I’d like to thank Commissioner Swofford for giving me the opportunity to lead the ACC Men’s Basketball officiating program,” said John Clougherty. “It’s been a privilege to work hand in hand with the league’s coaches, administrators and conference office staff. Although the 2015-16 season will be my last, I know I’ll always be part of the ACC family.”

Clougherty, who served as an NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Official for 30 years, was named the ACC Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials in June 2005. During his tenure on the court, he officiated 26 consecutive NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournaments as well as 12 Final Fours, including four NCAA Championship Games. Clougherty has received the James Naismith Official of the Year, the NIT Officials Award as well as inclusion into the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame, and on May 15th, he will also be inducted into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame.

As the ACC Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials, Clougherty has overseen the expansion of the men’s basketball officiating staff, the management of all evaluations and ratings, and numerous training and educational opportunities to promote the recruitment and development of ACC Men’s Basketball Officials.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News