ADVERTISEMENT

Athletes need to get that education, especially football

One putt

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
https://www.carolinajournal.com/new...UazhbOxCml8ygt9TAi6K_M5WNaniKukwMnXv9cOmIjDrw

This article could be politics or football.

NC ranks last in the country in getting unemployment checks out. Some people will take this article and go down the political conversation path or either slamming Gov. Cooper or praising him. FWIW, we did not do so well during McCrory's years either. Bev Purdue did very well.

However my reason for posting this is the article mentions a couple of former college and pro athletes. Tim and Dee Worley are quoted in the article. Tim was a 1st round draft choice of the Steelers in '89 and played in the NFL until '94. Now he and his wife need to collect unemployment and they both work in non-profits. Granted, he has a pension since he made it 4 years and i would hope he banked some of that signing bonus however he may not have gotten much from his 2nd contract since he only played 5 years.

My point in all this is these athletes, especially basketball and football, need to get some kind of education. Don't bank on pro sports carrying you through all your life.

If i posted this on the sports board it would have gone political.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News