ADVERTISEMENT

Balkanization

HeHateHeels

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
My dad was a high school US History teacher for 30 years. He used to speculate that eventually the US would become so diverse as to actually lead to our downfall. And he wasn’t speaking of racial diversity so much as ideological diversity, which we’re seeing in the liberal vs conservative world views. At the time I sort of dismissed his remarks.

Fast forward to the climate we now find ourselves in and I’ve begun to consider the wisdom of his words. We have reached a point of such ideological division on how this country should be run and how people want to live that it feels unrepairable. There’s just no common ground. We’ve gone in divergent directions. And too many competing factions have eroded the tenets that once bound us all together as countrymen.

For the first time I can see a path of how this great nation begins to fracture and balkanize into smaller republics made up primarily of like minded people. We may not live to see it as its not imminent by any means. But I can certainly see the cracks forming. Curious what other folks think on this topic. Might California and the left coast peel off first? Texas?

Reactions: jimboleo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News