ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Draft Update - Signings

Melon

All-Area
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
I figured with the slew of signings in recent days it would be relevant to give an update. Here's the most recent information I can find:

Signed:
Dunand
Mendoza
Cosgrove
Beckman
DeJuneas
Naughton

I figured all the guys above would sign except Naughton. He was only a RS Sophmore and would have had leverage next year. I really thought he would have been a top reliever for us next year. Perhaps he saw what happened to Beckman and decided to go ahead and take the $.

Not signed:
Josh McLain - The Dodgers announced 21 signings yesterday of picks and it did not include McLain. I'm guessing he's playing hard ball but from all I hear he really likes school. I think he is looking to be a special education teacher in the future so maybe he has higher priorities at this time. It would be absolutely huge if he came back and manned centerfield. With E.P. Reese and Storm Edwards no longer on roster, we are probably going to have to look to true freshman or pray Brock improves drastically in field to move over.

Most likely Coming Back:
Death Rage - I'm very happy to get Brock back but I never thought at this time last year it would happen. He could have easily been highest Pack player drafter if his junior year mirrored his sophomore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News