ADVERTISEMENT

Cut ties Now - New Head Coach in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemunney

Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2020
I know there is probably a few threads expressing their anger towards the direction of the basketball program and I said I would not judge this team until end of the season. All understandable, however, I need to get this off my chest. NC State was in position to really take the lead in basketball superiority in the triangle. Keatts was youngish hire with Coach K and Roy Williams on there way out!! I know Keatts came in under duress with what Gott created. However, I believe the ACC is over his head. All his teams never have a positive identity. Lacks defense and can't recruit top tier talent. Keatts harped on being a hands on coach and helping develop his players. I honestly don't believe he gets the best out of most his players. I think of the potential of DJ Funderburk. He is a modern day stretch 4 and I think at best we got 75% of his potential. I know some of it is on the player themselves but also coaches have to put the players in best situation to thrive and develop confidence. I think Mo Diarra has loads of potential but was given erratic minutes throughout the season so is Dennis Parker. Maybe these huge roster turnovers are part of the issue but we can't keep sacrificing wins for at best a bubble team.

Time for a new coach and I can rattle a few names that come to mind. And I know buyout will be an issue but I think we could get a low risk, low cost (initially) high reward with Chris Mack. He has had success (in acc) and has learned his lesson with the Dino Gaudio situation

Fyi, I was a Keatts fan even up to this season but the truth is in front of our eyes. Time for Boo to earn his paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News