ADVERTISEMENT

Discussion on needing a Vaccine card for entry

One putt

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
So this week announced Players Retreat in Raleigh announced they are opening back up in about 2 weeks. Frankly i didnt realize many restaurants were closed but i live in Greensboro and its much more conservative than Raleigh. PR is requiring people to go by next week and present proof of vaccination to get a button and then you have to wear this button to get inside. You can eat there without a vaccination or God forbid you lose your button but its outside dining only (like riding in the back of the hus in the 60's). I have a lot of questions on this. I guess the positive is it will be easier to get a table at PR. You can't laminate your VAX card so i doubt people will be carrying this thing around. And if they do its not going to last long. I have no issue with PR doing this. I really dont care. they feel its right for their business and they make that call.

How do the following questions get addressed?

How does someone out of town know they need to carry their VAX card?

Are people supposed to now carry their VAX card everywhere?

They tell you not to laminate it so this piece of paper isn't going to last long. Can you get a replacement card?

Do people need to drive in town to get a button they probably will not keep up with? Can you get replacement buttons?

Is it fair to people with immunity issues or religion concerns, or kids, or women concerned about getting pregnant?

Anyone know how long this VAX lasts? Is there a booster shot?

When does it become FDA approved? Will it get approved at all? Kids can't get it. They already see there are issues with children.

What other restaurants are doing this?

Is it reasonably enforceable? I realize restaurants feel they can serve who they want but those bakers in Washington thought they didnt have to bake a cake for a gay marriage either. The restaurant in Little Washington, Va. refused to serve Sarah Huckabee.

How long do we carry these cards? Is a copy acceptable? I know about 10 copies of my card and laminated them. I keep my original with my passport.

Is anyone else doing this practice and if so for how long? My kids live in Raleigh and i l;ive in Greensboro and we have not found anyone else trying this. that doesnt mean its wrong. They could be the only ones getting it right.

I find the topic interesting. I spoke to 3 law firms this week (Caruthers and Roth, Brooks Pierce, Nexson Pruitt) and we cant do it in our business and we manufacture medical parts.

And then you have Fauci's emails that came out this week and we know to some degree that we have been mislead. This makes people call it further into question.

How do we address all this? Not looking for an argument. I'll keep a copy on mine in my car just for the PR. BTW, I love PR and respect their right to this. But is it practical and enforceable?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News