ADVERTISEMENT

Doeren's Philosophy on Commits/Decommits

ecorpuz12

Gold Member
Mar 1, 2014
At the Coach's Caravan in Fayetteville over the summer I asked a recruiting question that was for all three (Moore/Keatts/Doeren) but Doeren jumped on it and didn't let the others speak. Since early signing day is nigh, thought I'd share it. I figured someone else would've done it by now but I guess not LOL.

Me: With the presence and pressure of social media and announcing commitments and top schools, what is the process of keeping recruits in the fold once they verbally commit? Also, with kids being kids that can change their mind daily...when recruits flip, do you keep recruiting them or do you just move on?

Doeren: We continue to recruit the commits as if they're not committed so they get the same amount of attention. We want them to know we still care about their season and how school is going. But we do ask they don't visit other schools because...say you're engaged, you don't go around dating 4 other girls still, right? If they still want to visit other schools we tell them, "well then you're not committed so don't tell me you're coming here." We encourage them to take their visits so they're sure before giving a verbal but once they say I'm coming to state, that's it. If they commit to us and then decide to decommit we'll keep recruiting some of them...others we'll say "hey sorry you feel that way" and we'll move on to the next guy that wants to be at State.

I may have forgotten a word here or there but that was the gist of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News