ADVERTISEMENT

Four Factors - William & Mary

Beaver

Dream Team
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2001
OK, painful as it is..

WampM_zpsnn569bgn.jpg

Sadly, we were outplayed in almost every way. (Yes they had more TO, but they weren't in midcourt, so they managed to outscore us off TO by 14-13.) Even the fast tempo worked against us, as they were just a quicker team. My fingers might be willing to type some detail at this point, but my brain just wants to forget the whole thing.

But before I go: In efficiency terms, it was the 3rd worst non-conference offensive efficiency in Coach G's tenure. The exhibition game suggested that we might struggle to score this year, at least early on, and that was certainly the case here. In the prior four seasons, we were held under 1.00 only seven times by a non-ACC opponent and under 0.95 only three times. On the optimistic side, the last time it happened was against Wofford and that season turned out pretty good, no?

Defensively it was only the 6th worst performance of the last few years. Unfortunately the efficiency delta was the worst since the Oklahoma State disaster. But, hey, that season wasn't bad either.

All is not lost. We have had bad games before early in the season and still ended up OK. But we really need to learn to play better defense and find another reliable scorer. And take our anti-panic pills.

Last edited:
Reactions: moranskins
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News