ADVERTISEMENT

Golf and Beating That Ewe-NC Tail

PACKed House

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
Too good to not post as I have had a fun time with it the past few days. As I have stated before on here, one of my good buddies is a delusional, pompous UNC grad. We used to play golf all the time years ago before I had 3 shoulder operations and bought a boat. I regularly kicked his tail back then, but by the time I got back to wanting to start playing again, he had joined a club and was playing 3 or 4 times a week with another group. So I probably averaged 3 or 4 rounds a year for the last 10 years. So fast forward to last Friday. He gets a time for two groups at the Myrtle Beach National. 6 of them regularly play together, the other 2 being my 59 year old butt that has played 2 full rounds this year, and my wife who only spectates from the cart with her fancy concoctions she makes. I had an old crappy driver so my buddy gives me his wife's old driver to use. They both have new fancy $500 drivers. Get to the first tee and everyone is watching as my buddy drills a drive down the middle and fist pumps his new driver as they all cheer. Then I step up with his wife's old driver, everyone of them expecting me to shank some short crap, and airmail one about 30 yards past his. Silence of the Lambs...errr...Rams. My wife just smiled at me as I said nothing... which, if you know me, is rare. Match play and Stroke play victory went to the Wolfpack that day! At the clubhouse later, I thanked his wife for the driver as I bought her wine...much to the chagrin of my buddy! :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News