ADVERTISEMENT

Haphak

Christalone

Dream Team
Nov 14, 2015
"Haphak" is the Hebrew word for "turnaround" or "to turn."

Read me out.

I've been vocal (well, wordy here) about DD and CO's lack of mental toughness and focus. Yes, play calling is baffling at times but his big issue is mental toughness, focus and leading with the ability to power through and overcome tough times and adversity, IMHO. He's arrived the "hump" in season four and can't get over it...thus far anyway.

Now, until game #2 this season, I've been high on him and what he's trying to do and called a 6-6 mark this year. I've also said next year (as has Jacey and maybe Matt) is the year DD and NCSU make a push. I got shakes on him after the ECU loss (that 2nd game), regained my faith after ND and Clem, then the shakes returned after the UL (again, feel apart after adversity), and you can say I went into the "fire" camp after the inexcusable BC loss.

Surprisingly, I'm not too upset with this loss and not because I expected it (even though I did) but because maybe....just maybe....this team really is one step or the rest of this season away from a big break through. Something about that game showed me something. Cant place it or describe it...but it did.

We're all disappointed and hurt (imagine how those kids feel) and being a good team seems so far away, especially when mad....but could we be closer to success than we have in a long, long time? I think the Cuse game will speak volumes. If we come out flat and lose (like many will expect), maybe I'm way off here an we're seeing more of the same. If we come out and even play poorly but gut out a win, what would that do to our confidence heading into Miami and UNC? I know some will make fun of this, but maybe all we need now is faith and confidence. Not so much a "will" to win as a belief that we can. That's the missing ingredient.

I'm willing to sit in neutral on DD right now, after being ready to cut him loose last week (need to step back a bit). Maybe this was/ is a nessecary trial for him to go through as HC. We are close guys. Right now it's all in the heart and between the ears.

Go Pack!!

Pr 3:5-6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News