ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on the FSU game

Ron69

Platinum Wolf
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Cannot take full credit for this, as these are Cameron, my son's thoughts, but speak for me as well.

Some positives:

-The team and the crowd showed up. Energy was there all the way up until the end of the game.

-Drastically less penalties. I don't know what changed in the week but it worked

-we have a new kicker. Haskins had been waiting for his shot at redemption after his ECU misses and he took advantage of it. Just wish it had come sooner. Quite honestly, I'd like to never think about that Clemson game again and every time Bambard came out onto the field I was reminded of it.

-Dayes back to his old self, running for over 100 yards. This is probably a result of our O-Line playing better. Also thought Dakwa Nichols had a few nice runs. He is fast and should see the field more often to give Dayes time to rest.

-You see what happens when we hand the ball off the JSam...He scores. Doeren claimed they couldn't get JSam the ball during the BC game because Finley didn't have enough time...HAND IT TO HIM if you can't pass to him.

-Hines played very well. Didn't like the play call at the end of the game due to him being a smaller target, but he really played tough. Would have preferred that pass going to Harmon.

-Would like to have targeted Harmon and Moss more. Seems like we are more successful when we throw down field rather than side to side. Also would like to see McClendon get a few read options. Felt Drink wastes plays by doing handoffs up the middle on first and second down. I feel like he was more creative at the beginning of the season.

-Cole is unfortunately not punting as well as he was at the beginning of the season.

-I doubt we become bowl eligible. Would have to beat Miami and Cuse. I don't see us beating UNC. Either way, last night showed me that even if the fans have given up on Doeren, the team hasn't.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News