ADVERTISEMENT

NBPA Camp Friday's updates...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
I was hoping to get another look at Jahmius Ramsey of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, but the senior wing left camp early it appears.

Terrance Williams, the junior small forward from Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga, wasn't in a walking boot anymore. The NC State target didn't play, but that appears to be a promising sign for the July evaluation period.

I had a good talk with junior power forward target Henry Coleman of Richmond (Va.) Trinity Episcopal and he said he got a text message from NC State last night. He'll likely unofficially visit for a second time in August he said. Coleman is going to have an interesting recruitment because his father played defensive end at Virginia Tech and his mother attended Virginia and loves the Cavaliers. He'll be an easy player to root for, terrific personality.

Saw some more of Arden (N.C.) Christ School senior point guard Jalen Lecque, and he played pretty solid. He had a few jumpers go in and he's just so tough taking players off the dribble. His playmaking ability for others has been a little up and down, and today was no different.

Winterville (N.C.) South Central junior center Day'Ron Sharpe got off to a good start in his afternoon game, but then he was pretty quiet the rest of the game. He has rebounded well and he can block a shot or two.

I also talked to senior combo guard James Bishop of Baltimore (Md.) Mount St. Joseph and he's a confident player. He's done pretty good in the camp and knows how to put the ball in the basket. NC State offered in the fall and it sounds like contact has been up and down at times with the coaches. He'll need to really play well in July for that arrow to keep pointing up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News