ADVERTISEMENT

ODU game thoughts

how15

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Just got home. As others have said the stadium was small but it was cool being able to be so close to our guys, I shook hands with coach D, Dr. Yow, coach Thunder Dan, and Reggie Gallasby and probably high fived half the team. Their fans were pretty nice outside of two or three. I had a wolfhead on half the time so I anticipated a few idiots. The campus is actually nice for it being surrounded by ghetto. They actually gave free snow cones, drinks and face painting and free parking! You can literally sit anywhere and they don't check tickets, it definitely had a HS game feel. I was impressed with our fans that travelled, the stadium was easily 1/3 red and you heard from us. I don't like being told to sit down though at a football game. Especially in a section right behind our band. It's not chess. Their fans did a better job and hung in longer than I thought, most left by the fourth though. I have no problem going there again.

As far as the game goes, I didn't see a replay yet so im just going off of my initial thoughts. First after seeing everyone of our guys and all of theirs up close I'm not sure there is anyway a team of them should be able to even hang with us. Those guys were tiny compared to ours. Reggie is an impressive RB physically , hard to believe he is 19 years old. This was probably the worst game or one of the worst I've seen from Brissett. He had three balls he threw in the ground short to wide open WRs. He had others open that he never saw, example would be in the red zone where he took a sack and dayes was in the flat for a likely td. He was running well however. It also didn't help we had 3 or 4 drops. Saw one by Ramos and at least two from Alston I believe. Seemed like Brissett held the ball a few times too long and he had time early.

It was great to see shadPack back but dayes has clearly emerged as the guy right now. We still seemed to be running a very basic offense. Off tackle left, right, bubble screen repeat. Odu threw a lot to the outside and a few slants as well. Id have to see it again but it looked like on the big run that he ran right between our two linebackers who were basically there but just froze. On their other td #2 was there but simply didn't make a play, same thing happened earlier on the drive. I'm not sure if I saw tocho at all either. Not sure if it was big E or not but I think he had another huge TFL. It didn't seem like we got great pressure but they were definitely throwing quick passes. I'd guess we had two sacks to their maybe 4 but I'm not sure. Overall the score was ok but I felt like this was a team we should've put away in the first half for good. In today's college football though and for a first road game I'm happy, we have to work on some of the little things that will make this more of a blowout type of game (stop huge plays, drops, flags, hit open WRs). Good win 3-0 , we are doing what we are supposed to do so far...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News