ADVERTISEMENT

On McLaughlin...

Chad Simmons

Prospect
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
Sorry for the delay. Been on the road today seeing players now that Georgia has opened back up.

McLaughlin called me last night, and he said he hit me up about 5 minutes after talking to Beck and Deoren about the commitment. It happened late, so we met up early this morning, did some commitment stuff for him and you, then pushed the news out around 12:30pm today.

On his ranking... he dropped from a 4-star to a 3-star earlier this week... let me start with; he is talented. He works extremely hard. He has a great head on his shoulders. He has great support at home. He has talent.

There has been talk about his ranking for some time, and after he was evaluated again in February at the Miami Rivals Camp, then going back to what was already evaluated from the season, the progression just wasn’t where we thought it should be.

As a passer, he has great size, he has a big arm, and he is more athletic than many give him credit for, but he still has to put it all together much more consistently. He can be hot and cold as a passer... he needs to clean up his delivery and mechanics as well.

We expect to see him much more this season, so his ranking is far from final, but he slight drop had questions, so I wanted to share the overall thoughts on that move.

NC State is still getting a heck of a QB, someone that will NOT be out-worked, and a player I know will do all he can to help his team win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News