ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNC lands both the #1 OT in the country....Rice commits

JPack71

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2011
UNC received a commitment from the #1 ranked OT in the country tonight in Zach Rice. That means that in one recruiting class UNC has landed the #1 OT and #1 DT in the entire country and now have a class ranked in the top 10. Now before some of you start typing your typical "homer, troll, etc nonsense", take a deep breath and continue reading.

I have been doing a little digging and I have found something pretty interesting in terms of connections with so many of these highly rated recruits. A common link with all of them is Deon Glover, father of UNC 5 star and #1 ranked CB in the 2020 class Tony Grimes. Glover is an assistant coach at Ocean Lakes Highschool in the Tidewater region and started a company called Game Day Recruits several years back that promotes recruits and somehow has formed some type of relationship with CBS HQ who streamed not only his son's commitment last year but now has also been the company to stream the commitment of 4 star RB George Pettaway (also part of the Tidewater area) and now Rice from Lynchburg. Grimes has tight ties with Dre Bly from the area but more interesting is his relationship with Keaton Brewer a broker at CapTrust. If that name sounds familiar, that would be the son of former UNC WR coach, and current UL WR coach, Gunter Brewer. CapTrust has a group that handles a good number of NFL players and coaches. I'm just saying that I wonder if someone were to do some digging if there could be a few interesting things to find? Hmmmm...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News