ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Paul McNeil, Richmond County advance to state title game...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
Pretty exciting game between Rockingham Richmond Country and Holly Springs at Sanford Lee County High. Like others have been talking about this week, they needed this game on a college campus. I heard at one point there was 750 people waiting to get inside. I hope they didn't get turned away.

Richmond County won 69-61, but the game was basically a one-score contest nearly all the way through. NC State junior wing commit Paul McNeil had what I considered an efficient 27 points in the win, with Wolfpack coach Kevin Keatts looking on. He had four three-pointers in the game. HIs teammates really stepped up in the second half.

Richmond County will play a talented Charlotte Myers Park at Reynolds Coliseum next Saturday. Myers Park locked up junior small forward Isaiah Evans and Huntersville North Mecklenburg, which NCSU assistant coach Joel Justus attended. I saw Evans went 4 of 16 from three-point land and they were down 41-21 at halftime. Evans had 16 of his 21 points in the second half. Junior point guard Bishop Boswell had 22 points for Myers Park.

Reidsville will play Farmville Central in the NCHSAA 2A title game. Freshmen Dionte Neal and Kendre' Harrison will be the rare duo to appear in title games between football and basketball in their first year of high school.

On the girls side, junior center Blanca Thomas and Charlotte Catholic fell to Mooresville Lake Norman, and junior point guard Zamareya Jones and Bethel North Pitt lost to Pittsboro Seaforth. However, sophomore wing Adelaide Jernigan and Kernersville Bishop McGuiness advanced in NCHSAA 1A to the title game.

Reactions: Rockville_Wolf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News