ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

acrichardson

All-Region
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2011
Raleigh
Welp, after last nights loss that is one more year of no ACC Championships in the Big 3 sports for NC State. I turned 33 this year and was born in 1990. That means that I have never seen an ACC Championship in any of the Big 3 sports in my lifetime and I'm much closer to middle-aged than teenager at this stage of my life. I'm not saying this to bring any team or person down but rather to show why there may be a sense of apathy with our graduates for the past 10-15 years and thus a lack of donations. We need something, anything, to galvanize the fanbase if we are going to take that next step.

It was almost an NCAA Championship in baseball a couple of years ago but the NCAA took that opportunity away from us.

Women's basketball has shown it can be done and kudos to them for raising the bar.

Football is a very respectable program and Dave Doeren carriers himself very well but the likelihood of us ever winning an ACC Championship under him is slim to none.

Same for Kevin Keatts (perhaps not quite as respectable on the program front but improving), unless we get red hot in the ACC Tourney, we aren't winning a championship there either.

Baseball is seemingly our best bet at this but for whatever reason, over all these years Avent just can't break through despite being very close multiple times. It seems that a change is coming whether it be this year or in a couple of years. Will that get us over the hump? If I had to bet on it, probably not.

Again, I'm not trying to crap on any of our teams or coaches, just putting it into perspective for some of you older grads on how it feels to be a 33 year old state fan!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News