ADVERTISEMENT

Reclassification means Rowan has hectic summer

Speedkilz1

Dream Team
Jul 4, 2001
http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/sp...cle_92147b9c-265c-11e5-9d02-7bde5f09e6f4.html

New list: Pack, St. John's, WVU

"Earlier this summer, Rowan, who was to be a rising senior at Fort Lauderdale’s Cardinal Gibbons and a top 30 player in the class of 2016, decided to reclassify. Since he repeated the eighth grade, Rowan said he felt he was physically ready for the college game. And with schools like N.C. State, Wisconsin and St. John’s showing interest, he wasn’t alone.

“Why go start another year in high school when I could possibly start in one of the biggest conferences in America?” Rowan said. “I’m just treading water.”

Rowan said he initially tried to get Cardinal Gibbons to help him come up with a summer school plan that would have him graduating in the class of 2015. But after that fell through, Rowan started working with Elev8 Sports Institute in Delray Beach, Florida to find a curriculum featuring classroom time and online courses that would get him cleared to start college in the fall.

“The deadline is that I have to finish before whatever school I go to starts,” Rowan said."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News