ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits expected for Primetime With The Pack...

Jacey Zembal

Jun 15, 2007
NC State will have a pair of official visitors in Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman senior wing Charles O'Bannon Jr. and Greenville (S.C.) Legacy Charter senior combo forward Nicolas Claxton, and those trips were planned probably over a month ago. Senior commit Thomas Allen has said he'd like to come back home from Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., to join them.

However, a good contingent of young players will be joining them. The biggest star is Spartanburg (S.C.) Day School junior forward Zion Williamson, who is No. 2 in the country in the class of 2018 by Rivals.com. He has unofficially visited in the past, and has an NC State offer.

Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell junior point guard Xavier Johnson, who NCSU just offered recently, will be unofficially visiting Raleigh for the first time. He played with a talented Team Takeover 16s squad this past offseason.

Raleigh St. David's reclassed junior small forward Kris Monroe is slated to attend, and was offered by the Wolfpack last February. Big year for him coming up.

Several talented guys are expected in the class of 2019. Two in particular I've been high on since Aug. 2015 after watching them play in the CP3 Rising Stars Camp — wings Christian Brown and Juwan Gary from Columbia, S.C.

Brown, who is ranked No. 14 nationally by Rivals.com in the class of 2019, is an athletic, slashing small forward from Columbia A.C. Flora High. Gary is a little bigger physically, ranked two spots lower and attends Columbia Gray Collegiate Academy. They used to be teammates on Team United on the lower levels, but Brown made the move to Georgia Stars 15s last April. They both might have taken unofficial visits in Oct. 2015, but I know Gary has for sure. Neither has NC State offers, but that will probably change soon (if it hasn't already).

Kinston (N.C.) High sophomore guard Damien Dunn hasn't gotten the media hype yet, but it could be coming. He attended NC State games last year, and should be the next good prospect out of Kinston. He can play on the ball and off and has good size at about 6-3.

Cary (N.C.) Panther Creek sophomore small forward Justin McCoy will be a local prospect to follow. He recently attended an NC State practice earlier this month.

I'll list him in the class of 2019 for now, but Garner (N.C.) High sophomore small forward Todd Burt could eventually end up in the class of 2020. He'd have to transfer to a private school and reclass, which his inner circle has been discussing. I liked him a lot at the Elite 75 a few weeks ago at Mint Hill (N.C.) Rocky River High.

Freshman guard Carson McCorkle of Raleigh Broughton will also be in attendance. NC State just offered the 6-0 sharp-shooter, and he has offers from Iowa and Georgia Tech already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News