ADVERTISEMENT

Sammy B.: Pack untested by soft schedule

Speedkilz1

Dream Team
Jul 4, 2001
http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/c...cle_30ff16d6-47ce-544b-a0fd-ff442c129242.html

"N.C. State will be 4-0 after today, and you can take that to the bank.
No, I'm not clairvoyant. But barring some cataclysmic event, the Wolfpack will easily defeat South Alabama, which will give it the same overall record as Ohio State, Michigan State, Mississippi, Georgia or any of the other nationally ranked teams with four games under their belts.
But here's my other prediction: Don't expect an N.C. State team that's not ranked this week to crack the Top 25 next week either.
Because despite what has been an impressive start, there's still uncertainty about how good the Wolfpack really is based on the competition it has faced."

"It also seems N.C. State lacks an explosive, big playmaker at receiver, which has actually been an issue for several seasons now.
Those areas will be tested once ACC play begins.
If the Wolfpack turns out to be the real deal, the stars may just be aligned for a run at the Atlantic Division title this season.
Clemson and Florida State have not looked like their normal powerhouse selves in the early going.
Should they leave the door open, N.C. State may be the team best prepared to replace them as division champions.
But that's a prediction I'm not ready to make ... yet."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News