ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Some Monday tidbits...

Matt Carter

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
• Val Martin and Taiyon Palmer have officially entered the transfer portal as of this morning after announcing it yesterday. Yes, there will be more transfer portal additions.

• Have heard/had people wondering if redshirt sophomore linebacker Payton Wilson was turning pro. I'd be pretty surprised, and so would be some of my sources.

• Competition has heated up for Northern Iowa defensive back Xavior Williams. Kansas State making a real run at him, and Iowa is beginning to express more interest (along with a couple of other schools). What was once smooth sailing for the Pack is now much more complicated.

• In terms of scholarship numbers ... the way I understand it is the Wolfpack is currently at 88 scholarships committed to next season (might be 89 if Isaac Duffy has a permanent scholarship now). All seniors that have graduated who elect to come back are basically added to the 85 minimum. That list is:

• Cary Angeline
• Dylan Autenrieth
• Daniel Joseph
• Dylan Parham
• C.J. Riley
• Tyrone Riley
• Joe Sculthorpe
• Justin Witt

It's possible that Emeka Emezie and Chris Ingram will graduate in the spring as well and join that list. Thus NC State could have somewhere as much as between 93-95 players on scholarship next season depending on their decisions, but the rest of the team has to fall in the 85. One thing I don't know yet is if Chandler Zavala and Darion Dunn, a couple of seniors who have graduated and are transferring in, do they count as "plus-ones" on the roster or is that exception limited to just players on the current NC State roster.

NC State only has four more to get to the 25 single-year limit, but that could be stretched by at least one as there is a potential blue shirt in the class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News