ADVERTISEMENT

Team Chemistry

One putt

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
Thinking over the weekend about the performance we had Saturday and I looked at all the new players we have that contribute. Transfers and freshmen. I don’t know the exact number but we have close to 30 new players. Peyton used to talk about our culture but I’m not sure all these new guys have been here long enough to understand our culture and embrace it. One of the things that made me thing that is in the interviews both players and coach said some people have not bought in, or are not putting for the effort needed on a consistent basis. Players not fitting in their gaps, not putting forth the effort required. Studdawg and I both commented and questioned if DD had lost this team. I guess it’s possible with everyone being so new and young.

Then I looked at our leadership and the impact of Covid. We had a lout of 6 year players last year. We were a very old team. Most of those guys have washed through and are gone. White and Boykin probably 2 holdovers. I realized that in many positions we are either a young team or maybe not 5he most experienced. I didn’t realize that we have 8 new starters on defense. I’m not sure why my expectations of the defense were so high knowing that. And then moving Sean Brown to liber and then him starting was a big clue.

I have not reached a conclusion yet but some data points to us being a young and new team to us. I don’t think some of these new guys fully understand our culture and what is required. And now you throw in a QB change mid season. Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.