ADVERTISEMENT

UCF commit DeVontres Dukes update...

Matt Carter

Diamond Wolf
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
Receiver from Tampa (Fla.) Wharton after the Knights' stunning loss to Furman to go 0-3 (Full story with some Carlos Becker quotes in there as well):

UCF has five commitments to the 2016 recruiting class, including Tampa Wharton wide receiver DeVontres Dukes, who was not in the crowd Saturday night. Dukes said Monday the Furman loss concerned him.

“At first it did, but after I thought about it some more, I thought it was just a tough week,” Dukes said. “Sure, they're 0-3, but it happens. It's football. They still have [nine] more games to play.”

Dukes said he talked to UCF receivers coach Sean Beckton and tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator Keegan Kennedy on Monday.

“They didn't really talk about football. We just talked about the upcoming game we have versus our rival,” Dukes said of Wharton's game with Plant on Friday night. Wharton is off to a 4-0 start. “I'm 100 percent [committed to UCF].”

Dukes said his official visits will be to UCF for the USF game, and then also Middle Tennessee State and NC State, which has been making a huge push for the 6-foot-4, 200-pound pass catcher.

“I wouldn't count them out,” Dukes said of NC State. “You never know what can happen between now and February.”

Dukes had a bit of luck like UCF's on Friday night against Tampa Gaither. He scored three touchdowns, but all three were called back because of penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News