ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the game with an tarheel fan..smh

darkwolf46

Prospect
Oct 5, 2013
Sanford
On a day after coming home from a heart catheterization procedure at UNC hospital. I was at home resting getting ready to watch the Pack against Cuse game, when a former coworker, whom I've worked with and known for over 25 yrs, came by to see how I was doing. By the way he is a huge tarheel fan! bleeds powder blue or whatever. We are always trading barbs back and forth. I was getting ready to watch the game when ask I him to sit down with me and told him now you are getting ready to watch a real football team. He shot back as usual, told me to change it to another game that's playing. I came back with oh yeah, is that what Fedora's doing up there now called "football," more like tag football!. Then he admitted ,yes the heels suck big time this yr, and was like a lot of heel fans just waiting for basketball season to get here. So we watched the first half , Pack has a nice lead then going into the 3rd qrt, then the Pack squandered some opportunities. He made the statement of watching Doeren's teams play football is lot like watching old people have sex," ugly to watch, but they are still trying to get their point made". He used little bit more colorful language. I was about afraid to ask, but I asked anyway, how so? He said they don't play with any kind of sense of urgency on the field, they looked more like they are playing in a chess tournament than playing a football game. I made the statement that a lot of teams take on their coaches personality. He said Doeren was about as boring as doorknob on the sidelines and his teams play like it too, that you rarely see him fired up on the sidelines. He said with the exception of Chubb on defense nobody else seems to want to put it another gear. He pointed out the worst move Doeren made was bringing in Huxtable as his D coordinator. He was head of Def/Lbs for the heels for 2 yrs back in 2000-01 when Bunting was HC there, he was let go because their defense was terrible. Lacked discipline, giving up big plays on Def ,which puzzled a lot of people because they had at least 7 guys on that defense that played in the NFL, including Julius Peppers, Cam Thomas, and David Thornton just to name a few. He said with the talent they had there, they should've been better than 3-9. Huxtable never turned them loose on defense. I don't remember much about that team other than Peppers, Thornton, and Ronald Curry was their Qb back then. After watching the Pack hang on in the 4th after Syracuse made it too interesting for my taste. He left, I enjoyed the win, but do you think he was on to something, or is it just typical a tarheel fan jibberish?

Last edited:
Reactions: macmillz and how15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News