ADVERTISEMENT

"We aren't a deep team, and we are somewhat limited"

gentilis03

All-Area
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2012
I'll go out on a limb and say that Gottfried wasn't referring to just the fact that the team is missing Terry Henderson. His comment would suggest that depth is currently a problem. I would agree and extend that to say that year-in, year-out it has been a problem. It would appear that there is only one solution - recruiting. Maybe Gottfried needs to re-think his swing-for-the-fence approach to recruiting and bring in some guys that he'll need to develop a bit? It's not as though most of his blue-chippers have lived up to their billing anyway. With few exceptions, most coaches have to develop their players as they're not finished products out of high school. Can he develop players? Without getting into naming players, I'd say the results have been mixed at best. At any rate, we're not going to get very far with 3 post players, with only 1 of them contributing consistently, a second who shows up every 2nd or 3rd game and the last being virtually a bust. Most perennial powers have no less than 4 and usually 5 legit post players. We've got some catching up to do - if we want to win championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News