ADVERTISEMENT

Wolfpack Nation....Thank you. (Update)

Speedkilz1

Dream Team
Jul 4, 2001
Dear Wolfpack Nation,

I realize the football season was a challenging one but during this time I wanted to share with you an awesome example of how Wolfpack nation takes care of one of their own.

One of my son’s former teachers at Riverwood Elementary is Adam Simpson. Adam is a die hard Wolfpacker and highly respected and thought of by students and parents. He is all about the kids. An example would be at recess he doesn’t take a break and go inside, he plays all-time QB with the kids on the playground and they love it!

We now have a 4th grader at Riverwood so my wife is there a lot helping with classroom activities. She and Adam talk often and of course football came up. Adam shared that he and his Dad used to go to State home games when he was younger and they had great memories from those days. However, he hasn’t been able to take his Dad now because the father has advanced Multiple Sclerosis and can’t be in the elements for long.

My wife came home asking is there anyway we can ask about getting Adam and his Dad tickets in the Towers for a game. My immediate thought was to try the Wolfpacker message boards and see if anyone would donate tickets or had a connection to get them to a game. The response was incredibly humbling. Post after post came forward asking to help out with contacts, donations, anything we needed. The Wolfpack Nation was coming to the aid of another in full force.

I ended up calling the Wolfpack Club and got a response from Donnell Priest, Director of Premium Seating and Advertising. Mr. Priest was able to get us two donated seats in Vaughn Towers for the Louisville game! We are so thankful to the Wolfpack Club for allowing this to happen!

Wolfpack Nation stepped up and sent donations either to my house or through Paypal. Wolfpacker message board members Rockville Wolf, Eight6pack, rlgray, all stepped up in a big way. (If you know them, or if they have a business please go support it!)

With the tickets donated we used the money to outfit Adam’s family with Wolfpack gear. (Adam has three children and his wife homeschools all of them.) I reached out to The Red and White Shop off Wade avenue and told them what we were trying to do. Mario Ciardella from the store offered us a 25% discount on everything we purchased! With that said, if you are in town please show the Red and White store your support! After buying the family sweatshirts we used the remaining funds for a gift card for Adam to use at the store for Christmas shopping.

Just when I thought we were done I received another check in the mail from a Wolfpacker message board member daddywolf. With his approval we were able to get Adam a gift card to Amedeo’s so the family and Dad can enjoy a great meal in a Wolfpack environment!

And last but not least, a check all the way from Germany comes in from Wolfpacker message board member onlyarumor! We took that and used it for a gas card for them to use for the holidays!

I can’t thank Wolfpack Nation, the Wolfpack Club, and the Red and White store enough for everything you did for Adam, his Dad, and the entire Simpson family! We could not have done this without your tips, advice, and donations. It makes me so proud to be a Wolfpacker and I hope you are too!

Adam sent a few pictures from the game and said his dad was so excited. He said the food was great!

Matt has the pictures and can hopefully post them (we have Adam’s permission).

So, if you are ever in Clayton near the Riverwood community, and you see a teacher playing QB with his kids outside at recess, give a honk and the Wolfpack sign for Adam Simpson! He would appreciate it!

Go Pack and Merry Christmas!

Speedkilz1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News